Forms and Tools
Business Development and Management
- + Acceptance Letter Use this template acceptance letter to notify an applicant of approved rental. Inform a new tenant of information such as address, rent amount, and important local services and providers.
- + Activity Waiver and Release of Liability Use this customizable form when an activity waiver and release is required for an activity that would be held on building property grounds.
- + Association Accounting Form To help ensure the accuracy of information use this sample accounting form to help document and manage assessments and fine charges policies, special assessments, and late fee policies.
- + Association Maintenance Form To help ensure the accuracy of information use this sample maintenance inspection form to help document and manage inspection items, locations, units, violations, and repairs.
- + Clubhouse Reservation Agreement Use a reservation agreement when tenants want to use the clubhouse for a party or a reception. This form documents the information, costs, and regulations of reserving a clubhouse. It also records the physical condition of the room and any damages that may have incurred during usage.
- + Code and Local Law Compliance Summary Stay on track and keep a summary of local and code law compliances. From elevator inspections to antenna permits, this form helps managers keep a listing of actions that have taken place and those that need to be done.
- + Cost Plus Management Pricing Form Use this spreadsheet tool to determine the total cost for third-party management. The form takes into account the cost of service for property managers, property management company executives, accountants, and clerical services.
- + Eviction Notice This form is an 10-day eviction notice that can be used as a template and customized to fit each party's specific needs.
- + Final Notice Noise Infraction Use this third and final notice to inform tenants they have been sent warnings concerning excessive noise violation. This customizable letter informs tenants they will need to vacate the apartment by "X" date and a pre-move inspection will take place on "X" date.
- + First Notice Noise Infraction Use this first letter of notice to inform tenants about lease violations (i.e. noise infraction) and lease provisions.
- + Five Day Demand Notice Template letter for initial contact with tenants who are five days late with a rent payment and the amount that they owe.
- + General Management Agreement This general management agreement documents arrangements made with a management company. The form can be used as a template and customized to fit each party's specific needs.
- + Letter to New Vendor Use this customizable letter to inform new vendors of their contract along with information regarding what the association will handle, what information will need to be provided by the vendor, as well as a location to insert contact information.
- + LIHTC Management Agreement Use this sample agreement and addendum to document a management agreement between the owner and agent for low income housing tax credit properties. This 9 page customizable form management agreement includes articles and an addendum to a management contract.
- + Notice of Denial Notify a prospect that their rental application has been denied based on their credit report or other information with this denial letter. The form lists principal reasons for credit denial or other action taken concerning credit. It also includes a statement informing the applicant of their rights according to the Fair Credit Reporting Act to dispute the accuracy of any information the consumer reporting agency reported
- + Notice of Rental Rate of Security Deposit Change Notify residents that their total monthly rent, including amenities, will be increased with this notice of rental rate change letter. The form includes fields to input the new monthly rent, anticipated six-month lease renewal rate, and the anticipated 12-month lease renewal rate.
- + Notice of Returned Check Notify a tenant of a returned check with this template letter. The notice outlines the details of the return, including information such as check number, date and amount. This form also outlines any resulting charges or fees.
- + Notification Letter of Critical Violations LIHTC Use this customizable noncompliance letter to notify tenants of critical violation(s) based on physical inspections conducted and repairs that need to be corrected within a selected time frame.
- + Notification Letter of Noncompliance LIHTC Use this customizable noncompliance letter to notify tenants of physical inspections conducted and informing them they are able to view a copy of the inspection report.
- + Preference Questionnaire Use this questionnaire to ask tenants and prospects their preferences towards their housing needs. This questionnaire will help gain a better understanding of what tenants and prospects want by asking the number of bedrooms and bathrooms desired, as well as ranking a list of amenities in order from most important to least important.
- + Preventive Maintenance Checklist Use this preventive maintenance checklist to describe the building's or grounds area's condition by category (e.g. sidewalks, siding, drainage, etc), location, condition, and actions taken/required.
- + Property Takeover Financial Documentation Checklist These comprehensive checklist aides in financial procedures associated with taking over a property. Some of the operations included in the form are rent rolls, general ledgers, leases, and deposits.
- + Rental Transaction Checklist This rental transaction checklist details the procedures to follow to ensure that each prospective resident receives consistent and identical treatment, and it includes the types of documentation you should have.
- + Resident Emergency Information Request Use this customizable form to request emergency information from a resident. The form includes questions asking their name(s), age(s), gender(s), need special assistance, and so much more!
- + Resident Employee Employement Agreement Customize this template agreement for an employee residing on the employment grounds. This agreement outlines occupancy terms and conditions such as surrender or termination.
- + Resident Response Request Use this customizable form to survey departing residents. This form helps managers collect a more comprehensive understanding of the property's weaknesses. Print this form and attach a cover letter when sending to your departing residents.
- + Resident Survey Use this form to survey residents about their satisfaction. This one page survey asks residents about the staff's performance, living conditions within the apartment and common grounds, the responsiveness of maintenance staff, whether or not you'd recommend the complex to a friend, and so forth.
- + Residential Management Agreement This residential management agreement documents arrangements made with a management company. The form documents the duties of the agent and the owner, budget, insurance, etc. The form can be used as a template and customized to fit each party's specific needs.
- + Residential Property Management Account Take Over Checklist Use this in-depth checklist to help administer taking over a residential property management account. This seven page document includes procedures such as administrative and financial accounts, building and vendor information, and legal and regulatory compliance status.
- + Residential Property Management Account Termination Checklist Keep on track of terminating a residential property management account with this termination checklist. This comprehensive list helps control processes such as reviewing site management and personnel, conducting a final disposition, and forwarding any other responsibilities to the new ownership.
- + Residents Rights and Responsibilities Customize this template form to document a tenant's receipt of rights and responsibilities.
- + Rules and Regulations Customize this comprehensive list to document property rules and regulations for a tenant's agreement and signature. Outline rules such as number or occupants and damage responsibility.
- + Second Notice Noise Infraction Use this second letter of notice to inform tenants about a second noise complaint. This customizable letter informs tenants about the community "quiet hours" and consequences of not following the lease provisions. The letter also informs tenants if they do not comply a third and final notice will be sent, informing them to vacate the premises.
- + Statement of Collections Log and track rent received with this statement of collections form. This form also details other collections by amount, description, and account number.
- + Swimming Pool Rules and Regulations Customize these rules and regulations to ensure safe use of the swimming pool by all members of the property.
- + Tenant Estoppel Certificate Use this tenant estoppel certificate to ensure that certain facts pertaining to the tenant's lease with its landlord are true. This certificate gives assurance to the purchaser of a property or lender that the lease is in full force and effect, that a certain amount of rent and security deposit have been pre-paid, and that the landlord is not in default of any landlord obligations under the lease.
- + Turnover of Apartment Community Checklist Use this checklist to help administer turnover of a residential property to a new management company. This two page document includes procedures such as turning over administrative and financial accounts and building/vendor information, and ensuring that all affected parties are notified.
- + Written Consent Form Use this form to unanimously consent to an action of the Board of Directors in the absence of a meeting. This document includes a place to describe the actions being taken and a place for signatures.
IREM Glossary of Real Estate Management Terms
Find definitions of more than 2,000 terms plus acronyms, abbreviations and mathematical formulas in this glossary.
Click here to access the glossary.
IREM Income and Expense Analysis Reports
The Institute's Income/Expense Analysis reports are indispensable tools that help you assess where your properties stand in the marketplace.
HP10BII Calculator Tutorial - Interactive!
This customized, interactive tutorial provides a step-by-step approach to solving common financial problems.
Rent & Income Limit CalculatorÂ© for tax credit housing professionals)
The Rent & Income Limit CalculatorÂ© is available with the compliments of Novogradac & Company LLP.